Apple Strudel CheesecakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold butter shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples shopping list
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture.
- Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place apples in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Toss baked apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Arrange apples over cream cheese layer; drizzle with any remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Use a sharp knife to cut.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
great dessert thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds oh so good, can hardly wait to make it, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Can I have a slice? Delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Bake Sale126 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members