Apple Stuffed Venison RollsFrom lovethedepp 8 years ago
- 4 venison steaks, preferrably tenderloin strip steaks shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground pepper shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 med. onion shopping list
- 2 cooking apples shopping list
- 3 T. oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 C. red wine shopping list
- 6 T. apple sauce shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- apple slices shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pound the venison steaks until they are very thin.
- Mix the salt and pepper and rub into both sides of the venison steaks.
- Grate the carrot.
- Peel and slice the onion thin.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into thin slices.
- Divide the grated carrot, onion and apple slices between the venison spreading across the steak.
- Form into rolls and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the rolls until browned on all sides.
- Add the wine and applesauce.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Don't over cook venison, your husband will just yell at you!
- Lift out the venison , remove the toothpicks and place the meat on a serving dish; keep warm.
- Boil the cooking liquid until reduced by a third.
- Pour over the venison rolls and serve garnished with the apple slices fried in the butter.
- Goes good with garlic smashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
The Cooklovethedepp Central, WI
The Rating2 people
Wonderful recipe!! I have not eaten venison in years, but I did really like it when I had it!
The makeup of this sounds very similar to beef Rouladin -- FIVE from this neck of the woods! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
another good one have added it to the venison groupcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!