Apple Stuffed Venison RollsFrom lovethedepp 7 years ago
- 4 venison steaks, preferrably tenderloin strip steaks shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground pepper shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 med. onion shopping list
- 2 cooking apples shopping list
- 3 T. oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 C. red wine shopping list
- 6 T. apple sauce shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- apple slices shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pound the venison steaks until they are very thin.
- Mix the salt and pepper and rub into both sides of the venison steaks.
- Grate the carrot.
- Peel and slice the onion thin.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into thin slices.
- Divide the grated carrot, onion and apple slices between the venison spreading across the steak.
- Form into rolls and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the rolls until browned on all sides.
- Add the wine and applesauce.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Don't over cook venison, your husband will just yell at you!
- Lift out the venison , remove the toothpicks and place the meat on a serving dish; keep warm.
- Boil the cooking liquid until reduced by a third.
- Pour over the venison rolls and serve garnished with the apple slices fried in the butter.
- Goes good with garlic smashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
The Cooklovethedepp Central, WI
The Rating2 people
another good one have added it to the venison groupcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
Wonderful recipe!! I have not eaten venison in years, but I did really like it when I had it!
The makeup of this sounds very similar to beef Rouladin -- FIVE from this neck of the woods! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!