Crunchy Ice Cream SandwichesFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- The chocolate sauce will thicken if made in advance; microwave briefly on defrost before serving. shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped crunchy granola bars (5 Nature Valley granola bars) shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup skor bar bits shopping list
- 4 cups mocha almond fudge or butterscotch ripple ice cream, softened slightly shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla essence shopping list
- 1 cup summer berries such as small whole strawberries, raspberries and blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Combine finely chopped granola bars, pecans and skor bits in a bowl.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap letting wrap hang generously over sides of pan.
- Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture in bottom of pan.
- Spread with ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top, then pat gently. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for eight hours or overnight.
- For the Chocolate Sauce:
- Heat whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until piping hot.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a covered container and refrigerate.
- To serve, lift dessert out of pan and cut into 6 pieces.
- Warm the chocolate sauve by defrosting in microwave.
- Spread chocolate sauce on serving plates and top with ice cream sandwiches.
- Garnish with berries.