Gluten-Free Blackened TILAPIAFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 2 4oz tilapia fillets shopping list
- 1tbsp clarified butter (or unsalted butter) shopping list
- Rub: shopping list
- 1tbsp paprika shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1tsp lemon pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp garlic shopping list
- 3/4 tsp red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
How to make it
- Open all windows in the kitchen to ensure sufficient airflow.
- Blackening can produce a LOT of smoke.
- Mix all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a skillet over high heat for a few minutes.
- Melt clarified butter and brush over both sides of tilapia fillets.
- Coat both sides of the fillets with the rub mix.
- Place the the fillets in the skillet and fry for 3 minutes on high.
- Flip the fillets and fry for another 3 minutes.
- If the fish flakes easily with a fork, they are done.
- If not, flip them again and fry for about another 2 minutes.
- Makes 2 servings. Serve with rice or veggies.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating8 people
Yummy! I love all the spices and herbs you are using!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This was delicious! I actually tripled the spice recipe and filled an old jar with it, so I'll have the mix on hand next time. Thank You Chef Elaine!twilightrose in Denver/ Nederland♥ loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!