Creamy Potatoe and Bacon SoupFrom cobrien05 5 years ago
- 1 small bag of gold or red potatoes cut into small bite size pieces (with skins) shopping list
- 1 large white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 package of onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 1-lbs package of bacon, cut into small bite size pieces, fried until crisp shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s season salt (or regular salt) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 small package of shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, add cut potatoes, chopped onion, onion soup mix, dried parsley flakes and enough water to cover. On high heat bring a boil, then cover and reduce head to medium for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- In a shaker, add milk and flour, shake until well blended, set aside.
- In a non stick skillet, fry bacon until crisp, drain on a paper towel. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, reduce heat to low.
- Add milk and flour mixture and stir well with bacon grease. Increase heat to medium low, stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- When potatoes are tender, add thickening, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients, making soup rich and creamy. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Options: Ladle soup into serving bowl and add desired amount of cheese. Also good served with Cheese It or Goldfish crackers.
- Variations: Use ham or polish sausage in place of bacon (use 2 T butter in place of bacon grease.)
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcobrien05 Chandler, AZ
The Rating5 people
Mmmm love this kind of soup!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Love soup, and the weather will be perfect for it before long. Great post, I'll be making this one, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Love potatoe soup and never thought of adding bacon!!!! Great post!!! It will sometime, here in Arizona, cool down enough for soup!!! LOL Thanks :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it