Black Bean and Chicken SoupFrom modmom50 8 years ago
- 1 lb black beans, soaked, cooked, and drained (can use canned black beans just drain if you want before using) shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, one can drained only ( I sometimes use one can Rotel tomatoes and one regular diced for a little added spice) shopping list
- 2 cups corn shopping list
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth ( I use chicken base in place of canned broth) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder ( I use minced garlic in place of powdered except for 1/2 ts for cooking the chicken) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Cook on medium high heat in small about of oil, until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned, or about 5-7 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and cooked chicken in crockpot.
- Stir well, and taste to make sure spices are how you like them.
- Cook on high heat one hour, then low for 3-4 hours, or for however long you need it to cook.
- It will be done when you are ready for it.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookmodmom50 Lawrence, KS
The Rating5 people
I love Black beans in soup with a mushroom broth.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Wonderful recipe! I have everything I need in my pantry. Sounds delicious.lisafay in Centreville loved it