Killer Baked Sweet PotatoesFrom angelinaw 6 years ago
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- honey or brown sugar shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 1 Tsp vanilla shopping list
- A little milk (just a smidgeon) shopping list
- 1 cup Chopped pecans (I love my food processor for this) shopping list
- marshmallows (optional. Baby marshmallows handle better, but the big marshmallow covers more area.) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the sweet potatoes until soft and squishy. (You can microwave if in a hurry or they are taking longer then your other dishes)
- Remove from heat and split in half.
- Carefully scoop out the middle meat, leaving the skin in tact (like a boat)
- Take the sweet potato meat and mix in the honey (or brown sugar), butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Scoop mix back into skins and top with marshmallows (if using press them firmly down into the potato mix) and chopped pecans.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the marshmallow has melted, oozed down into the potato, and covers the top of the potato.
- Remove from heat, place on plate, and serve.
- NOTE: Taste the filling as you mix it to see if you want to increase either the seasonings or the sweetness. I have used pumpkin pie spice in this as well as maple syrup with good results.
The Cookangelinaw St Louis, MO
The Rating5 people
yum! I love sweet taters!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love the pumpkin pie spice suggestion Angelina I think it will go well with the vanilla and brown sugar.
Sweet potatoes are rich in color and nutritional value. Which is why your recipe Killer Baked Sweet Potatoes is so wonderful.
Five f...moretrigger in loved it
I am had company again and they heard my wife brag about these and asked me to make them again.
The rave reviews about them would not stop they are so delicious Angelina.
trigger in loved it