Halloween Poke CakeFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package fudge marble cake mix shopping list
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange flavor gelatin shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 12-15 candy corn (the little pumpkin ones) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a 9X13 baking pan.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- In small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water and then stir in cold water.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 inches apart in all directions.
- Slowly pour gelatin over cake.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl cream butter until fluffy.
- Beat in confectioners sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
- Top with candied pumpkins.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating5 people
YES I JUST LOVE THE POKE CAKES YUMMYminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yummmm! FIVE from this old bat!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
yum yum yum 5 ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!