Eggplant and Zucchini LasagnaFrom jaeleepoms 6 years ago
- 2 eggplants shopping list
- 4 zucchini shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 4 cups breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 quart extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 pounds mixed cheese (see recipe for ricotta cheese mixture below) shopping list
- 1 cup Parmesan shopping list
- --ricotta cheese MIXTURE-- shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 ounces fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Slice eggplants and zucchini into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Set the zucchini aside. Fill a bowl with lightly salted water, add the eggplant (only) and soak for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley and eggs. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate briefly to make the mixture firm.
- Add the flour to a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until blended. In a third bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parsley. Arrange the bowl on a work surface so that they are lined up next to each other.
- Carefully dip the eggplant and zucchini into the flour, making sure both sides are covered, dip into the egg mixture and finally dip into the breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides very well while gently tapping off any access. Transfer to a serving plate, season with salt and pepper and set aside while repeating with the remaining vegetables.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and eggplant and sauté on both sides until golden brown. Make sure that they are cooked all the way through. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- In a large baking pan, add 2 cups tomato sauce, a layer of eggplant and zucchini and then a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat the process two more times. Top with a layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450F for 20 minutes.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!