Apple Bread Pudding with Bourbon Maple SauceFrom jaeleepoms 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoons butter, plus more for buttering the pan shopping list
- 4 cups cubed stale French bread shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- --bourbon MAPLE SAUCE-- shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core, and roughly chop the Granny Smith apples.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the apple and cook 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a 13x9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, apples, raisins and nuts.
- Add the bread cubes and toss to coat. Let soak 15-20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until firm and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Bourbon Maple Syrup Sauce - In a heat-proof bowl, whisk the egg and sugar until light. Set the bowl over a saucepan of slowly simmering water. Whisk constantly until warm and fluffy. Whisk in the butter. Whisk in the maple syrup and the bourbon and serve immediately.