Chocolate Cake with Four ChocolatesFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 (4 ounce) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 (4 ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- coffee liqueur Ganache icing (on my page) shopping list
- Mocha-chocolate Cream Filling (on my page) shopping list
- Garnish: chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms of pans with wax paper; grease wax paper with shortening, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating at low speed just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in boiling water. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with 4 tablespoons Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing. Spread half of Mocha-Chocolate Cream Filling evenly over ganache on cake layer. Top with second cake layer; spread top with 4 tablespoons Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing and remaining Mocha-Chocolate Cream Filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
That should take care of my chocolate craving for a little while. You have my 5 miss peeta.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
mmm.that cake looks delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Peeta, this is beautiful!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!