Black Beans And RiceFrom absinthebride 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion (or more depending on taste), chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cans (15 or 16 oz) of black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of pepper sauce (or more to taste) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 cups white rice, cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onions and garlic. Add the beans, vinegar, and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil and and hen reduce heat to low (medium low on my crappy stove), cover, and simmer for five minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- You can either add cooked rice in with beans now or serve the beans over the rice (also good with a little glop of sour cream on top) and you're ready to eat.