Apple Praline Bread with PecansFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1- cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1- 8oz. carton dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2- eggs shopping list
- 2- tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2- cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2- tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2- tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2- tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/4- cups chopped, peeled tart applE shopping list
- 1- cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4- cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4- cup packed brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In large mixing bowl beat together granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla on low speed of an electric mixer till combined, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir toghther flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to sour
- cream mixture, beating on low speed till combined. Stir in APPLE and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Turn into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans; press lightly into batter.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 55-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in
- center comes out clean. (if nessary, cover loosely with foil the last
- 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning) Cool in pan on a wire
- rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine butter or margarine and brown sugar; cook and stir till mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and boil gently 1 minute. Remove bread from pan.
- Drizzle top with brown sugar mixture. Makes 1 loaf.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Wow and yummm this sounds terrific henrie thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
sounds like a winner to me Henrie.. nice post and a high 5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
GOT MY "HIGH FIVE"... FANTASTIC!cajunspices66 in Pineville loved it