Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream SodaFrom christinem 8 years ago
- A tall glass or mug shopping list
- chocolate syrup (Traditionally, we used Hershey's Special in the can) shopping list
- milk shopping list
- Chilled tonic water (with quinine) or club soda, if you prefer shopping list
- Your favorite ice cream - you'll need a few scoops. shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
- Other optional garnishes - sprinkles, chocolate shavings, cherry shopping list
How to make it
- Since every glass is different, actual measurements will vary so I'd go by the following guidelines:
- In bottom of glass, mix together about 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. of chocolate syrup, and enough milk to fill the glass 1/3 full.
- Add enough tonic water to fill glass about 1/2 way and give it a stir or two.
- Add a couple scoops of ice cream - enough to reach top of glass, but don't "pack" it in (Don't worry. You can add more...)
- Drizzle with a little more chocolate syrup.
- Top off with more tonic water, leaving about an inch or so of headspace at the top.
- Top off with another scoop or two of ice cream, anchoring the last one on the edge of the glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and any additional garnishes you prefer.
- Coffee ice cream with Chocolate Syrup
- Coffee ice cream with Coffee Syrup
- Chocolate ice cream with Coffee Syrup
- Add a tbsp. of Ovaltine to the milk and sprinkle some Ovaltine on top.