Caramelized SquashFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Split squash lengthwise then scoop out seeds and place cut side up in shallow baking pan.
- Add 1/4" water then sprinkle each half with sugars, nutmeg and salt then drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour checking after 30 minutes.
- If browning too rapidly cover loosely with aluminum foil until squash are tender.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
A nice squash side or main if you eat enough.
See Caramelized Squash for more musings.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
This recipe just has Fall written all over it. It’s an old recipe and one that requires little thought. Just sprinkle with brown sugar, butter, and pepper and toss in the oven. What I liked about this recipe is that it called for nutmeg instead...moreDIZ3 in loved it
IMI review Caramelized SquashDIZ3 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!