PUMPKIN BREADFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon EACH: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I like Libby's brand best) shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9X5 OR two 7X3 loaf pans. Line bottom(s) with parchment paper and grease paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, oil, and eggs. Slowly add flour mixture and blend well, but do not overmix. Add water and blend well. Pour into pan(s) and bake 65-75 minutes (less for smaller loaves) or until toothpick inserted in center(s) comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Note: Recipe is easily doubled using a 15 ounce can of pumpkin. Bread freezes well. Topping slices with whipped cream makes them taste like pumpkin pie!
People Who Like This Dish 19
- Reviews2 Nowhere, Us
- Celeste_from_Allrecipes Santa Rosa, CA
- nanny1291955 Douglasville, Ga.
- SusieC Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- Luisa1 Rancho Cucamonga, California
- NadineM Mississauga, Canada
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- ninade Philadelphia, Pa.
- Plus 9 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating5 people
Funny, isn't it, how we all tend to have our favorite brands for these things? I love Libby's too, as well as E.D. Smith's!! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Made this last night and it tasted soooo yummy! Incredibly easy to make, too. (And: husband-approved! ;)dayla in Brooklyn loved it
Oct 25/16 What a fantastic recipe. The bread was moist and great flavours. DS#1 said the it was so good that he did not even need butter on it just eat as is. Only note is that I found that my was done in about 60 minutes so I would suggest you ...moreNadineM in Mississauga loved it