Pudim De Pao - Bread PuddingFrom nazzb 4 years ago
- 150 grs stale bread, in small pieces shopping list
- 0.5 litre milk, hot shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 300 grs sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp port wine (if unavailable, any sweet wine) shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 50 grs raisins shopping list
- 40 grs butter shopping list
- Half tsp cinnamon shopping list
- caramel to coat the dish shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the bread in the hot milk, and blend to a fine purée.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar and lemon zest and add to the bread mixture.
- Add the raisins, Port, melted butter and cinnamon.
- Coat the inside of a 24 cm diametre dish with caramel.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake in bain-marie for 90 minutes at 160ºC.
- When cold, turn onto a serving dish and serve.
The Cooknazzb Ponte De Lima (Viana Do Castelo), PT
The Rating2 people
I love you already!
My mom makes it with 3 layers: bottom is with french bread, middle is a lemon cream and the top is meringue. I really need to get that recipe from her, I have not had it in years and your recipe reminded me of it :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Just like Mama used to make! Thanks for the recipe!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!