Cashew Caramel CookiesFrom linspj 4 years ago
- Makes about 3 dozen. shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups roasted salted cashews shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil shopping list
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 24 cubes soft caramel candy (7 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup cashews; set aside.
- Process remaining 1 1/2 cups cashews in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Pour in oil.
- Process until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Put cashew mixture, butter, and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture.
- Mix in reserved chopped cashews.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; space 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 6 minutes; gently flatten with a spatula.
- Bake until bottoms are just golden, 6 to 7 minutes more.
- Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
- Melt caramels with cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring.
- Let cool. Using a spoon, drizzle caramel over cookies; let set.
- Store airtight in single layers.
The Cooklinspj New Hartford, NY
The Rating5 people
love the cashew and Carmels in this gotta be good thanks.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUUUM!sunny in Portland loved it
AWESOME!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it