Spicy Thanksgiving TurkeyFrom pandamanda 6 years ago
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of paprika, separated shopping list
- 2 large onions, cut into large rough pieces shopping list
- 3 whole shallots, cut in half shopping list
- 6 stalks of celery, rinsed shopping list
- 6 large carrots, rinsed shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse and wash turkey. Clean out the turkey's cavity. Remove the innards and disregard (I usually cook mine and feed them to a pet).
- Mix butter, garlic powder, chili powder, and 2 tablespoons paprika. Separate the butter mixture into four equal parts.
- Place your six stalks of celery (I recommend using the large outer pieces) and carrots in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place turkey in a roasting pan on top of the celery and carrots.
- Stuff the turkey with the cut onions and shallots.
- Separate the skin over the breast to make little pockets. Put one part of the butter mix under the skin over each breast. Use the rest of the reserved butter to spread over the whole outside of the turkey.
- Season the top of the turkey with salt and pepper. Use the remaining paprika to sprinkle over the top of the turkey.
- Cover with foil, and bake in the preheated oven 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C). For the last 45 minutes or so, remove the foil so the turkey will brown nicely.
The Cookpandamanda Fullerton, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!