Moroccan BrisketFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 6 lb Brisket of beef shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated shopping list
- 2 large Spanish onions, diced shopping list
- 4 Tbs. celery, chopped (with leaves) shopping list
- 1 small carrot, sliced very thin shopping list
- 1 lb green olives, pitted shopping list
- 16 oz stewed tomatoes, canned shopping list
- 1 lemon, for juice shopping list
How to make it
- Season brisket with salt and pepper and rub with garlic (you can supplement with garlic powder).
- In a heavy roasting pan, sear meat on all sides using some of the olive oil.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, turmeric, ginger, and onions and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add celery and carrots and continue sauteing.
- Add tomatoes and mix thoroughly, then set aside 1/3 of the mixture.
- Return brisket to roasting pan.
- Place set aside mixture over brisket, cover and bake at 350 degrees (F) 3 hours.
- While brisket is baking, place olives in pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and drain. You may repeat to remove saltiness, if desired.
- After three hours, let the brisket cool enough to slice (against the grain).
- Return brisket and mixture to a heavy pot and add olives.
- Reheat at 350 degrees (F) for 1/2 hour, and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
This sounds wonderful. Love everything about this recipe. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
great recipe thanks 5 pts
i have some nrw recipes on my recipes that 'roger baried againfrodo in meadville loved it
Love this combination of spices! Wonderful post.sunny in Portland loved it