Chicken With Sherry And Cream SauceFrom sallykd 6 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 3 shallots peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1lb chestnut mushrooms shopping list
- 1 clove garlic smashed shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- ½ cup sherry or white wine shopping list
- 1-cup heavy cream shopping list
- canola oil for frying and a little butter for taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil and butter into large skillet.
- Add garlic and onions. Cook until the edges begin to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until beginning to caramelize. Remove and add to onions.
- Add chicken to skillet and a little more butter if needed to keep the chicken pieces from sticking, cook until opaque and beginning to brown slightly.
- Remove and add to onion and mushroom mixture.
- Deglaze pan with wine or sherry, reduce by half.
- Return chicken, onions mushrooms to skillet. Add bay leaf and cloves.
- Stir to combine, then add heavy cream and continue cooking, stirring often until chicken is cooked through.