Dainty Anise CookiesFrom falafel_fanatic 5 years ago
How to make it
- Grease and flour three cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat eggs until very thick and light.
- Gradually beat in sugar and butter.
- Continue beating 20 minutes longer.
- At low speed, beat in flour, baking powder, salt; beat 1 minute. Add anise extract; beat just until blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 1/2 inch apart, on prepared cookie sheets. Swirl each, to make into a circle.
- Let stand at room temperature, uncovered, 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Bake cookies about 10 minutes, or until smooth and firm when pressed with fingertip. Cool cookies on wire rack. Then store in airtight container.
- Makes about 5 dozen.