Caramel SliceFrom alecia 7 years ago
- BASE: shopping list
- 1 cup self-raising flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup desicated coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornflakes shopping list
- 125g butter shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 x 395g tin of sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white vegetable shortening (copha) shopping list
- 1/2 cup drinking chocolate powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C. lightly grease a 19cm x 29cm slice tin.
- For the base, sift flour into a bowl.
- Mix in sugar, coconut and corn flakes.
- melt butter, pour over dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Press into tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, put all ingredients in a suacepan and boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the cooked base.
- For the topping, melt vegetable shortening (copha) and mix in sifted drinking chocolate.
- pour over the caramel layer.
- put into fridge and leave to set.
- When cold, cut into fingers or squares.
The Cookalecia Harvey, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!