Pumpkin Spice Donut HolesFrom maggiehc 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons warm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- tiny pinch of ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin) shopping list
- spiced Sugar: 1/2 cup sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- In separate small bowls mix together flaxseed meal with the water and the soy milk with the vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Beat together the sugar and margarine. It won't cream together but you want to evenly distribute the margarine.
- Add the flaxseed meal and beat until creamy. Add the vanilla, pumpkin and soy milk mixture and stir together.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3-4 stages mixing almost until combined each time. With the final addition of dry ingredients mix just until combined.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least an hour.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet and set aside. Press the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut the holes with a 1 inch circle cutter. Set the cut holes on the floured baking sheet. Press the scrapes together and repeat until all the dough is cut into circles.
- Heat several inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pot slowly over medium low heat. Have a frying thermometer ready and watch the oil's temperature.
- Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet near the frying area. Begin frying donuts when the oil reaches 365-370 degrees F. Gently drop 3-5 holes at a time into the hot oil. Rotate the donut holes with a wire spider strainer or slotted spoon for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before tossing in spiced sugar.