Cauliflower and Pepper Bread and Butter PicklesFrom trigger 7 years ago
- 2 pounds of cauliflower shopping list
- 1 red onion shopping list
- 1 white onion shopping list
- 6 small green tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cups sweet peppers or mixed variety of peppers. shopping list
- ¼ cup of sea salt shopping list
- 2 cups white organic sugar shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons of mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon of celery seeds shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon of green peppercorns shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon of fennel seeds shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 cups of cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Wash cauliflower and cut into one to one and a half inch pieces.
- Peel onions, and then slice into ½-inch wedges.
- Slice peppers into rings ½ inch wide
- Remove any stems and bad spots on tomatoes and quarter them.
- Cover the vegetables with water and add salt.
- Cover with ice and let stand for 2 hours.
- Bring sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, peppercorns, fennel seeds, bay leaves, celery seeds, and turmeric to a boil.
- Pour over vegetables and stir to coat.
- Let stand for another 2 hours.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and heat five minutes.
- Pack into hot, sterilized jars. Leaving ½ inch of head space.
- Adjust caps and process in boiling water –bath for 10 minutes, up to 1,000 feet altitude.
- Yields about six pints.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating8 people
Just look at those photos! I'm as impressed with those as I am the recipe. =)
A Beautiful High 5 Michael.
Deb~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
BEAUTIFUL recipe Trigger, from one of the sites
natural canners..Good one me' friend!
^^^^^ HIGH HIGH 55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
WONDERFUL illustrations dear friend!! ^^^^^!!lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!