Milk Chocolate Coffee Mousse in a Cocoa Nib Florentina CupFrom ragnarokx23 7 years ago
- milk chocolate coffee Mousse: shopping list
- 3 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 6 egg yolks 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur shopping list
- 10 oz milk chocolate (0.63 lb) shopping list
- 4 oz sweet dark chocolate (0.25 lb) shopping list
- cocoa Nib Florentina Cups: shopping list
- 7 oz unsalted butter (0.44 lb) shopping list
- 10 oz sugar (0.63 lb) shopping list
- 3 oz honey (0.19 lb) shopping list
- 3 oz heavy cream (0.19 lb) shopping list
- 12 oz sliced almonds (0.75 lb) shopping list
- 2 oz finely ground almonds or hazelnuts (0.13 lb) shopping list
- 2 oz bread flour (0.13 lb) shopping list
How to make it
- For the mousse. whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and set aside
- Whip the egg yolks to ribbon stage
- Heat the honey until it starts to boil and quickly whip it into the egg yolks until the egg mixture is fluffy and no longer warm
- Stir in the coffee liqueur.
- Melt the both of the chocolate in a double boiler until melted.
- Incorporate the warm chocolate into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold the heavy cream into the egg yolk mixture.
- For the florentina cups. Boil the butter, sugar, honey, and heavy cream until it has reached a temperature of 240. Do not over stir this mixture, it will crystalize if you do.
- Once it has hit a temperature of 240. Crush the sliced almonds in your hand and add it into the mixture.
- Also add in you ground almonds or hazelnuts, cocoa nib, and bread flour and mix together.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the florentina batter on to a silpat and mash it flat to get a circle. Bake at 375F until brown.
- When removing the florentina cups off the silpat let it rest until it is ready to be pliable and will not fall apart. Use a metal spatula to get the florentina off and mold over a ladle or bowl. If the florentina has fully set you can return it to the oven to let it melt down again and mold.
- After you have shaped the cups take the mousse and pipe it into the cups. And you can make whip cream to top off the chocolate coffee mousse.
The Cookragnarokx23 San Jose, CA
The Rating3 people
I am so glad you are continuing your culinary education and you have plans to work in that field.
Thank you for your High Five on my Eggplant With Spinach And Apple Wood Bacon And Goat Cheese recipe.
Your rating is appreciated.
M...moretrigger in loved it
P.S. Flagged as beautiful too. I love the added swirls on the plate.trigger in loved it
beautiful!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!