Bourbon Mashed Sweet PotatoesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into quarters then cut each quarter in half again.
- Place in a pot and cover with cold water then add salt and granulated sugar.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pan over very low heat.
- Return to burner until all moisture has evaporated about 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Rice or mash until very smooth then stir in brown sugar.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl then stir into potatoes.
- Place cream and butter in saucepan and heat until butter melts then stir in potatoes.
- Stir in corn syrup and bourbon.