Delicata Squash Soup With Fire Roasted Peppers And EggplantFrom trigger 7 years ago
- 1 Delicata squash pealed, seeds removed and cubed in to half inch pieces. shopping list
- 1 medium eggplant cut into half inch pieces shopping list
- 2 Anaheim peppers roasted and skins removed. shopping list
- 1 celery stock trimmed and chopped . shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of green peppercorns shopping list
- 2 strips of apple wood bacon. shopping list
- 4 cups of mushroom stock. shopping list
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric. shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bacon in a small pot cook until fat is rendered.
- Add the Eggplant and the squash and celery
- In the mean time, rub the Anaheim peppers with olive oil and place in a small pan.
- Roast under a broiler until charred.
- Place peppers in a plastic bag and seal for ten minutes.
- Remove peppers and peal off charred skin.
- Slice peppers into ½ inch pieces and add to pot.
- Add a ½ cup of your favorite soup pasta and cook until aldente
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating5 people
Man I have to tell you, I love soup more than one woman probably should. This sounds like a great smokey twist to the regular squash soup. Part of me wants to puree it into the velvet I know it would be and garnish it with that rendered bacon, skip...moreboofie in Salt Lake City loved it
Sounds lovely. When's dinner?chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Set a place for me!!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it