Herbed Pork Cutlets or Chops with Onions and FigsFrom merlin 8 years ago
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops or cutlets shopping list
- 1 t. chili powder shopping list
- ½ t. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 t. sugar or Splenda shopping list
- 3 T. chopped fresh sage leaves. pineapple sage is great! shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 T. chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 T. sweet butter shopping list
- ½ t. turmeric shopping list
- 12 fresh figs, rinsed and halved. shopping list
- salt and pepper to tast shopping list
How to make it
- Cover both sides of pork chops with chili powder, garlic powder, Splenda and chopped sage. Rub with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring a grill pan to high heat with a little olive oil. Cook pork on high for 4 minutes per. Turn over and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes while you prepare the onions and figs
- In a separate pan, melt butter. Add thyme leaves and cook 30 seconds. Add turmeric and onions. Cook until onions are wilted. Add figs. Cook until figs are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 4 servings.