Apple Butter Spice CakeFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup apple butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; swirl the pan until the butter turns a nutty brown, about 1 minute. Pour into a large bowl. Add apple butter, brown sugar (breaking up any lumps) and oil and whisk until smooth. Add raisins, buttermilk, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt; whisk until just combined.
- 3. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.