Shrimp Scampi Drenched in Garlic ButterFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 14 tablespoons butter (no margarine please!), divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and minced, divided shopping list
- 1 cup clam juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, minced, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup dry white wine, divided shopping list
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, divided shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream or half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds linguine, cooked and drained shopping list
- Additional fresh parsley for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, melt 12 tablespoons butter. Add 1 tablespoon garlic and saute 1 minute or until fragrant.
- In separate bowl, whisk together clam juice, flour and 1 tablespoon fresh parsley.
- Pour into saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1/3 cup wine, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 teaspoon dried basil, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Gradually add cream or half and half. Stir until combined.
- Simmer 20 to 30 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter with oil. Add 1 tablespoon garlic, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon parsley, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1/3 cup white wine, salt and pepper.
- At last minute before sauce is finished cooking, add shrimp to skillet and saute just until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine shrimp with sauce.
- Serve over pasta sprinkled with additional parsley.