Wrapped Shrimp with Asian Barbecue SauceFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Makes 30 skewers shopping list
- 1 pound fresh trimmed pineapple, about 1 pineapple shopping list
- 30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 15 bacon slices, partially cooked and cut in half shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup plum sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Soak thirty 6-inch bamboo skewers in water to prevent burning. Cut thirty 1/2-inch chunks of pineapple and finely chop whatever remains.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Place a chunk of pineapple on each shrimp and wrap with a piece of bacon.
- Place a 6-inch skewer through each shrimp assembly and reserve. (Do not reserve for too long before cooking as the pineapple will begin to break down the shrimp.)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sweat the onions, celery, and garlic until softened but not brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the reserved chopped pineapple, ketchup, chili sauce, plum sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to the onion mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is glossy and thickened, 15 minutes. Adjust the consistency with water, if necessary, and season with salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
- To cook the shrimp, spoon or brush a small amount of sauce (about 1 tsp each) over each skewer and place in a preheated 400 degrees F oven until the meat just turns white, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and neatly arrange on serving platters. Sprinkle with the green onions and coconut. Serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side for dipping
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Gosh this sounds great!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
This looks amazing!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This sounds so delicious! I voted a five for it :o)bizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!