Wild Mushrooms SoupFrom greenlord 5 years ago
- 2 cups of dried boletus shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp of butter shopping list
- 2 minced leeks shopping list
- 2 roughly chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 large clove of garlic shopping list
- 225g of chopped fresh wild mushrooms shopping list
- 5 cups of vegetables broth shopping list
- 1 Tsp of dried thyme shopping list
- 2/3 cup of cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh thyme to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Soak dried boletus in 1 cup of warm waterfor 30 minutes. Chop the boletus and reserve soaking water.
- In a large pot, heat oil and butter until they start bubbling. Add leeks, shallots and garlic and saute for approx 5 mins or until they soften without changing color.
- add wild mushrooms and saute until they soften. Gradually poor veggie broth and bring to boil. Add boletus, reserved soaking water and dried thyme.
- Lower down heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Poor 3/4 of the soup in a mixer and porcess until homogeneous mix.
- put back processed soup in pot, stir in the cream and warm it back making sure you dont bring it to boil.
- garnish with whole wild mushrooms and fresh thyme.
The Cookgreenlord Montreal, CA
The Rating3 people
Looks and sounds amazing! Love wild mushrooms! Bookmarked and will try soon!juels in Clayton loved it
Nice recipe Greenlord! Sounds very tasty. You have 2 cups of dried Boletus in your recipe. Are you referring to a particular Boletus(ie Porchini)? High 5 on the recipe Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
We love mushroom soup, I'll be trying this one...thank you!pat2me in Nashua loved it