Kalamata and Artichoke PizzaFrom irishmama 7 years ago
- 1 can pizza sauce (I like Contadina) shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste (if a thicker sauce is desired) shopping list
- basil and garlic to taste shopping list
- 1 premade pizza crust (I prefer DiGiorno whole wheat thin crust) shopping list
- garlic olive oil shopping list
- minced garlic to taste, divided shopping list
- 1 cup diced kalamata olives shopping list
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can artichoke hearts, unmarinated, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or other Italian cheese (I love the Sargento's Bistro Blend that has added garlic seasoning) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix pizza sauce with tomato paste, if using. Season to taste with garlic (I usually use Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic or minced garlic) and basil.
- Lightly baste crust with garlic olive oil and spread with more minced garlic.
- Spread on sauce. (You'll probably have quite a bit leftover. I save it and make mini pizzas on pita pockets for lunch.)
- Top with olives, tomatoes, artichokes, and feta. (Measurements on all these are approximate. Cover the crust as thickly as you like.)
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- Bake according to directions on the pizza package.
The Cookirishmama Chesterfield, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!