Breakfast SouffleFrom cookingwithamy 9 years ago
How to make it
- Serves 2 for breakfast or 4 if you serve a lot of other stuff!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a large (9x13 or so) baking pan in the oven and fill with water, about an inch of water. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and whisk in the flour, cooking for a couple of minutes over medium low heat. Whisk in the milk until smooth and cook until thick, three minutes. Stir in cheeses and spices, cook over very low heat until the cheeses melt. Beat a few tablespoons of the very thick sauce into the yolks, then mix the yolk mixture into the sauce.
- Beat the egg whites stiff, but not dry. Mix a big scoop of the whites into the cheese sauce to lighten the mixture. Then carefully fold the sauce into the whites. When combined, put in a souffle dish and slip that into the water filled baking pan, bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately with buttered toast.
People Who Like This Dish 41
- Karen_B Omaha, NE
- Juan007 Nowhere, Us
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- Niina Nowhere, Us
- melliegirl Ladysmith, South Africa
- jruined Middletown, CT
- flipflop Montgomery, AL
- jasmilez Somewhere In The Land Of Enchantment, NM
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- jkstern Long Island City, NY
- Plus 31 othersFrom around the world!