Bloody Mary RelishFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 head of celery, diced shopping list
- 1 small head of fenel, diced shopping list
- 22 oz pickling vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp pickling spices shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red chili, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 1/4 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1 lb cooking apples, peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 14 oz fresh or frozen yellow corn shopping list
- 12 oz demerara sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 Tbsp tomato puree shopping list
- 3 Tbsp vodka shopping list
How to make it
- Put onion, celery, fennel, half of the vinegar and the pickling spices into a large stew pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add ginger, chili, tomatoes, apples, corn, sugar, salt, tomato puree and remaining vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for another hour until the relish is thick and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the vodka, bring to a boil for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Spoon into sterilized jars, seal and store for at least one week before using.
- Will keep for three months on the shelf, or longer in the refrigerator.
- Makes six 18 oz jars.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating6 people
This Bloody Mary Relish has so many aliments that sing out to me among the shining stars are fennel, tomato and apples.
High Five Kathy you have done it againtrigger in loved it
Wonderful! Tis the season! This would certenly help stem the tomatoe tide!mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Fantastic! What a GREAT idea and recipe....Would taste great with Chilled Prawns I bet!marky90 in Dearborn loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!