Bavarian Pork ChopsFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 bag (32 ounces) refrigerated sauerkraut, undrained or 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, undrained shopping list
- 1 large unpeeled cooking apple, chopped (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 1/3 cup uncooked regular barley (not quick-cooking) shopping list
- 8 pork loin or rib chops, 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sauerkraut, apple, onions and barley in ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Place pork on sauerkraut mixture. Spoon barbecue sauce onto pork.
- Cover and bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, uncovering for last 15 minutes, until pork is slightly pink when cut near bone, barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.