Fusion Fried CabbageFrom lumpy1 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon cut up into pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil, plus additional oil to drizzle shopping list
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard seed shopping list
- 4 indian or thai peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small to medium head of cabbage, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1/2 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 1 tsp red chile pepper shopping list
- 10 fresh curry leaves(sometimes cilatro) shopping list
- opt. prepared pork tenderloin cut into chunks.(i frequently consider meat optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple cider (or other) vineger shopping list
How to make it
- In a cast iron dutch oven or deep cast iron skillet cook the bacon pieces to well but not crispy.
- remove from skillet/dutch oven and wipe pan clean with paper towel. doesnt have to be perfect.
- put 2 Tbs vegetable oil into skillet. heat to medium and add mustard seed and peppers.
- when seeds begin to sputter throw the cabbage on top.
- turn. add the tumeric and red pepper powder. turn again.drizzle additional oil to moisten.
- cook for 1/2 hour stirring turning every 10 minutes.drizzle on oil as needed with each turning.
- add the bacon, fresh curry leaves, and optional pork tenderloin chunks. heat through for the remaining 10 minutes.
- turn off heat and pour apple cider vinegar on top.
- serve with basmati rice if desired.
The Cooklumpy1 Markham, IL
The Rating4 people
The old man will like this one.fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
This is another Winner. Since I live "on the road" like you I am sure you have found the absolute necessity to eat healthy vegetables and terrifyingly avoid the fast food that sets up like concrete in us while driving. I actually carry a small cook k...morevin in Chesapeake loved it
i love cabbage, and this recipe sounds very different and so yummy! A must make for me!juels in Clayton loved it