Roast Beef RollFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 8 to 10 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, julienned shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine loaves of dough and shape into one ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the red pepper, onion, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine the beef, cheese and red pepper mixture; spread over the dough to within 1/2 in of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut a slit with a sharp knife in top of dough. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.