Meatballs With SpaetzleFrom lovingmybabbyalways 8 years ago
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon dill weed, separated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 12- to 14-ounce can beef broth shopping list
- 3-ounce can chopped mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
How to make it
- For meatballs:
- Combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed and pepper.
- Add ground beef and mix gently but well. Shape into 24 (1 1/2- inch) balls.
- Brown meatballs in vegetable oil; drain fat. Add broth, mushrooms and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, flour and 1 teaspoon dill weed. Stir into broth. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine flour and salt. Add eggs and milk; beat well. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Place batter in coarse-sieved colander or deep fryer basket. Hold over large kettle of boiling water. Press batter through colander with back of wooden spoon or spatula. Cook and stir 5 minutes; drain.
- To serve, make a nest of spaetzle on a large platter. Spoon meatballs and sauce in center.
- Note: Dill weed can be added to spaetzle batter for this dish. A spaetzle maker (found anywhere cookware is sold) can be used instead of a colander. A spaetzle maker resembles a large garlic press.
The Cooklovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
The Rating5 people
I love spaetzle; the flavors in this dish look really good! Thanks for sharing. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
This sounds really good! I love spaetzle. My older daughter loves to make it. She's in the school's German Club and is the President. She is also taking German in school as well. We are of German descent too. Great recipes!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
You get another 5 from me cause I also tried this dish. It is really good thank you for your lovely posts. And keep up your culture sprit it will do you good.
God bless you and your family.
*Kendra Creampickledickle234 in Richman loved it