German Goulash SoupFrom lovingmybabbyalways 8 years ago
- 2 lbs. beef (cut in small cubes) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. oil or butter shopping list
- 4 medium onions (chopped) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. paprika shopping list
- salt & pepper tp taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. carraway seeds shopping list
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 c. water shopping list
- 2 c. beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 c. red wine shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes (cubed) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the meat in oil or butter. Add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add the paprika, bay leaf, carraway seeds, water, and broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer for an additional 45 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and red wine. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
The Cooklovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
The Rating13 people
I love goulash! I make mine with red peppers,too.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sounds good :)donman in Hammond loved it
Another great post, got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!