Bright-Eyed SusansFrom christinem 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add water, vanilla and egg yolk and blend until combined.
- Blend in flour mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Form dough into 1" balls. Roll in slightly beaten egg white, then in nuts, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and press thumbprint in each ball. Return to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and fill centers with brightly colored jams or jellies.
- Cool completely on wire racks.