Chicken Noodle Soup From ScratchFrom conner909 6 years ago
- 1 whole 4-5 lb. chicken shopping list
- 16 cups cold water shopping list
- 1 onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot coarsely chopped shopping list
- celery leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 cups finely diced carrots shopping list
- 1 ½ cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced, skinned and seeded tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas. shopping list
- Precooked flat noodles, or Orzo or Acini de Pepe pasta shopping list
- ¼ cup finely diced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken thoroughly.
- Add whole, raw, chicken to stock pot along with the water, onion, carrot, celery leaves, dried thyme, pepper and garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 ½ hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- When done, remove chicken from pot.
- Strain liquid.
- When chicken is cooled, debone and cut chicken meat into small pieces.
- Put strained liquid back into stock pot.
- Add chicken, celery, tomatoes, onions, carrots to broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then turn heat to simmer until vegetables are done to suit your taste (approximately 1 hour).
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of Better than Bouillion chicken paste for added flavor.
- Add frozen peas and parsley.
- Just before serving, add pre-cooked pasta.
- Makes approximately 16 cups of soup.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating6 people
This is like I make mine.. get as many of those veggies in there I can.. I like those polish noodles... taste like homemade...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Yum, would you happen to have an extra bowl for me??m2googee in Tomball loved it
Nothing better than a bowl of soup on a cool evening...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it