Caramelized Onion And Bacon Mini QuichesFrom fizzle3nat 6 years ago
- 1 recipe of your favorite two-crust pie crust recipe or 1 pkg. pre-made pie crust sheets (2 sheets) shopping list
- 2 tsp. oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 oz. bacon, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. whole-grain mustard shopping list
- couple pinches black pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease two round mini-muffin pans (24 holes, total).
- Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thick, or if using package dough, unroll sheets. Cut 24 rounds total from dough with 3-inch cutter. Line each mini-muffin tin with a dough circle. Cover with dishtowel and set aside while preparing filling.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until golden (caramelized onion is slow-cooked to bring out the sweetness, so don't rush this step). Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add bacon to the pan and cook until crisp. Mix with the onion. Add mustard and season with pepper. Place a small amount of mixture in each pastry shell, using all of mixture.
- In a small bowl or cup with spout, whisk eggs; add mild and whisk until combined. Pour a small amount over each pastry shell over onion/bacon mixture.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!