Curried Pumpkin SoupFrom peacekeeper0 6 years ago
- 1/3 Cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (or about 1/2 can of pumpkin) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 cups veggie broth (or can use chicken broth) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrow root or tapioca powder (use as thickening agent) shopping list
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (optional) shopping list
- chopped chives (as decoration) shopping list
How to make it
- In large pan cook onion, garlic, and curry in the butter or margarine for a few minutes until onion is tender.
- Add pumpkin, nutmeg, sugar and the bay leaf.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mild and cook over low heat for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together the remaining milk and the cornstarch until dissolved, then add it to the pan.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook a couple more minutes.
- To serve: Swirl the cream on top, and garnish with chives.
- This can also be frozen after it cools. In the freezer it will be good for up to 3 months.