Basic BrineFrom pleclare 7 years ago
How to make it
- In med bowl,combine the salt,sugar and water
- Whisk vigorously until all salt and sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool
- Pour mixture over meat,poultry or fish that you are preparing
- Soak several hours or overnightn the refrigerator(Make sure meat is fully submerged and make more brine by convertingthe recipe as needed.
- Times for brining:
- Shrimp-30 mins
- Whole Chicken(4lbs)-8-12 hrs.
- Chicken parts-11/2 hrs.
- Cornish game hen-2 hours
- Turkey(12-14lbs-24 hrs
- Pork Chops(11/4 to11/2" thick) 1-2 days
- Whole pork tenderloin-12 hrs
- Whole pork loin-4 hrs.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Great post...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Mmmmm. We brine and smoke a turkey every Thanksgiving, and everyone LOVES it!! Only time I've never had leftover bird.
We add Thyme, Sage, oranges, and lemons to ours. Gives it a wonderful flavor.
Thanks for sharing, and 5 forks WAY UP!!!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
Great info to have. Thanks!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!