Grilled Vegetable SandwichesFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon jarred roasted garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 medium red onion cut into 8 slices shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 8 slices shopping list
- 1 large zucchini cut on an angle into 8 slices shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper8 slices whole wheat sourdough bread shopping list
- 1/4 cup prepared hummus shopping list
- 1 medium tomato cut into 8 slices shopping list
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese (or your favorite shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise,basil,garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Coat a grill with cooking spray. Preheat the grill. Brush the onion, bell pepper and zucchini with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion and peppers on the rack and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once, or until the vegetables are well marked and tender. Place the zucchini slices on the rack and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until marked and tender.
- Spread 4 slices of the bread with the hummus and place on a cutting board. Top each with a sliced cheese, onion slice separated into rings, 2 bell pepper slices,2 zucchini slices, and 2 tomato slices. Spread the remaining bread slices with the mayonnaise mixture and place on top of the tomatoes. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
aal the flavors of a great sandwich thanks fluffmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wonderful..so delicious! Thanks for post and ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
High five, Fluff!
PS... Wonderful to see you back. Hope your feeling better!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!