Homemade Raspberry FillingFrom arpam 8 years ago
- 2 12 ounce packages of frozen raspberries (not packed in syrup) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups granulated sugar (or to taste. 2 cups will be pretty sweet) shopping list
- 2 T of lemon juice (optional) shopping list
- 5-6 T of cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup of water shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine the raspberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the raspberries have broken down.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and strain with a fine mesh sieve. Return the strained mixture to the heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water.
- Whisk the slurry into the raspberry mixture.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil and simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool completely, stirring every once in a while.
- It will take awhile to set up. It will thicken like a jelly. May stir it for easier spreading on cake.
- Yields: 3 1/2 cups
The Cookarpam Thompson, CT
The Rating10 people
YUM, I will love this one. Raspberries are so good. Thank you so very much for sharing this one. You have my 5, wish I could give you more then that. God Blesshenrie in Savannah loved it
this sounds absolutely wonderful...it rates a five thank you for sharingpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Bookmarked for next summer, when fresh raspberries will be abundant -- thanks for sharing!beldujour in Beautiful Downtown Vileika! loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!