Butternut Squash Soup With Garlic Lime And GingerFrom chefbaudri 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter, or olive oil shopping list
- 1 spanish onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 5 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- lime slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter over low heat in a heavy-bottomed soup pot.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add squash, chicken stock and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until squash is tender, 20-25 min.
- Remove solids and place in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth, gradually adding remaining liquid.
- Float slices of fresh lime on each serving.
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating3 people
This sounds really good. I love the flavors here! Gotta try it soon, High 5!dmajor in Slidell loved it
love the recipe love the zing awsome thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I have a butternut squash at home. I am going to give this a try. I love the fall with these great recipes. ^5linspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!