Coffee Lovers Coffee CakeFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- BATTER: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beating just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating26 people
Always love a good coffee cake recipe.linspj in New Hartford loved it
Sounds like it is wonderful!jett2whit in Union City loved it
thanks, this is so original with the coffe granules on top, wow!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!